FFL


Z-Force’s Gates Held out of Preseason Play

By  Last updated: 27th April 2011

NEW YORK, NY — Tight end Antonio Gates was held out of the New York Z-Force’s recent preseason game against the Waikiki Tsunamis.

Gates’ status for the game Saturday night had been uncertain. He missed three practices during the week with what he said was general soreness.  The All-Pro wide receiver was plagued by minor injuries in 2008, and the Z-Force have been hoping that Gates will have a healthier 2009 campaign.

Gates was in uniform and participated in pregame warmups on Saturday, but Dustin Keller received the call to start.

“Antonio is a huge part of our offense’s plans for 2009,” said Z-Force tight ends coach Brent Jones.  “We’re just taking precautions so that he can be as healthy as possible before we take on the Fancy Lads.”



Related articles


Comments (0)





sample side banner